If you live in the Thurston and Pierce County area, then you know that there’s a lot of doggo-friendly fun to be had! In this blog post, we’ll be going through our top 5 spots for you and your pup to visit—from dog parks to hiking trails. So grab your pup and let’s get started!
1. Dog Parks: Let’s start off with the obvious one—dog parks! There are a bunch of dog parks throughout both counties that are great for pups of all sizes, activity levels, and ages. Take them out for some playtime with their furry friends or give them a chance to just run around and let off some steam. Either way, it’s a great way to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air with your pup.
2. Hiking Trails: If you want to explore nature with your fur baby by your side, then head on over to any one of the numerous hiking trails in Thurston or Pierce Counties! From easy walks along riverside paths with beautiful views to more challenging mountain hikes, there is something for everyone here. Just make sure that you bring plenty of water for both yourself and your pup!
3. Paddle Boarding: After an intense hike or two, why not cool off by taking a paddle board trip? Some areas offer rentals specifically designed for pups—so they can join in on the fun as well! Whether it’s kayaking down rivers or stand-up paddle boarding along lakeside beaches, it’s definitely something worth checking out if you’re looking for an adventure with your four-legged best friend.
4. Coffee Shops: Who says dogs aren’t welcome at coffee shops? While some may not be pet friendly (for sanitary reasons), there are still plenty that will welcome pups into their establishments with open arms—and even provide treats sometimes too! So take them out for a cappuccino or latte (remember not to actually give them any coffee!) and enjoy quality time together while sipping on delicious drinks.
5. Doggy Daycare Facilities: Last but certainly not least are doggy daycare facilities! A lot of these places offer activities such as agility courses, swimming pools (for when it gets hot!), interactive toys and games, plus much more—all of which are designed specifically for pups! This is a great way to get them physical exercise while also having fun at the same time (and giving yourself a break!).
There you have it folks – our top 5 picks for dog-friendly spots! Whether you’re looking for somewhere new to take your pup on an adventure or simply need something different than the standard dog park routine, these spots should definitely do the trick. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and explore all that these communities have to offer! Happy trails everybody 🙂